The Long Beach QFilm Festival (QFilms) is the city's oldest film festival and the only film festival dedicating to showcasing the rich diversity of LGBTQ stories. For more than 25 years, this 4 day event has been welcoming thousands of movie lovers, industry professionals, and community members to attend screenings, parties, mixers, and Q&As with filmmakers. QFilms is the second largest LGBTQ cultural event in Long Beach and the LGBTQ cultural event of year, every year!
QFilms is also a fundraiser for The LGBTQ Center Long Beach, a community organization serving 25,000 people a year. The LGBTQ Center Long Beach advances equity for LGBTQ people through culturally responsive advocacy, education, programs, and services.
All films selected to screen at QFilms can use “Official Selection of 2019 QFilm Festival” logo sent to filmmakers upon invitation to screen at festival.
QFilms presents both Jury and Audience Awards every festival. Jury Awards include:
1. Best Narrative Feature
2. Best Documentary Feature
3. Best Short Film
4. Best Screenplay
5. Best Director
6. Special Jury Award(s)
Audience Awards are given each year to Best Feature and Best Short Film.
Unfortunately, cash prizes are not available at this time.
Long Beach QFilm Festival accepts no responsibility for loss or damage of entries during shipment to or from the Long Beach QFilm Festival
1. Entries must be received no later than June 1, 2020.
2. Screening Copies: Entrants must submit online screener for consideration. If your film is chosen to be in the festival, the screening formats accepted are DVD, Blu-Ray, DCP, and .mov (short films only).
3. All entries must be in English or contain English subtitles (unless special arrangements have been made with festival).
4. NO PAYMENT WILL BE OFFERED for the inclusion of any film. Filmmakers waive the right to charge a fee for the use of their film in this Festival.
5. For publications purposes, if your film is selected for screening entrants must be prepared to supply at least three electronic images (publicity stills) either in jpeg or PDF format, 300 dpi, film description for program, and link to trailer or film clips for promotional purposes. NOTE: Only electronic images will be accepted for the official festival program. We also encourage submitting as much publicity material that is available and a complete credit list. Any materials that entrants wish to be seen by the programming committee should be submitted with this application.
6. Students must include proof of student status at the time of submission (i.e. copy of valid student I.D.).
The cost of shipping an entry to the festival must be paid by the entrant. Collect or C.O.D. shipment will not be accepted. All international entries must be sent "free domicile" to the Festival office with all transportation charges, duties, and taxes prepaid by the shipper. All payments must be made in US currency. Any brokerage fees charged to the QFilm Festival will be billed back to the shipper. Be sure to include all the proper customs documentation required by the shipping company.